They've become quite the rage in spite of Hugh Hefner rocking them for years.
I succumb and purchased a medium blue velvet pair from ideeli.
My life did not change. Nor was my closet or image miraculously transformed.
However, I find them to be a weird, if not, comforting mix between a house slipper, a flat/loafer, and a sneaker. Isn't there a mythical three-headed beast that slays men?!
Here's what I can share about the smoking slippers:
- They immediately convey a sense of cool and you feel like you've got an inheritance waiting for you somewhere
- With the long vamp, they make your feet look kinda long
- It's better to get something zesty with a print or embellishment (than the simple blue ones I got)
- They will make your jeans look better....sort of
- When you wear them, everyone will ask where you got them