In Elle’s Fashion Spotlight section focused on “Summer Interview Style”, they show the following out for $823.30 for 4 pieces. The outfit is a terrific basic yet classy outfit that can go from work to dinner and drinks. It consists of the following items:
- Cotton button down shirt, Theory, $217.80, visit mywardrobe.com
- Wool-blend flannel pencil skirt, Jil Sander, $495, visit net-a-porter.com
- Silver beaded cuff, American Eagle, $12.50, visit ae.com
- Patent peep-toe pump, Banana Republic, $98, visit bananarepublic.com
Now let me help you do two things: spend less and get the same by simply exchanging two items to bring your total down to $388.50 (an automatic 53% discount):
- Cotton and spandex button down shirt, Rebecca & Drew, $150. Their patented Triofit is phenomenal and womanly, and the touch of spandex helps it to retain its shape!
- Fine Denim high-waisted skirt, Classiques Entier, $128. The denim looks charcoal grey and the high waist is forgiving of many sins…..
- Silver beaded cuff, American Eagle, $12.50. Keep it because you can’t beat it!!
- Patent peep-toe pump, Banana Republic, $98. There are tons out there (Jessica Simpson shoes, Enzo Angiolini, etc) but, the Banana Republic heel has a terrific vamp, nice slim heel and ample cutout in the toe so you’re not squished!
With my outfit, you get a shirt that will keep it’s shape longer and it more versatile because it does not have French cuffs plus a skirt that dresses up and down more easily given the material and cut!
Style Snapshot: The magazines can help you pull together outfits but, it’s your professionals that can turn the same outfit into something more for less…..after all, we are still trying to find the bargains!!.